Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Preparing for the Journey

In two days' time, I will be embarking upon a new adventure.  

I have just resigned from a well-paid job in the mining industry - putting 4 years of university study and 6 years of FIFO work behind me.  All to pursue my passion for wine.



Big Risk?  Definitely.

If I'm totally honest, I can't deny that I'm scared that:
  • this could be a poor career decision, 
  • I might not be very good at being a cellar hand
  • I'm entering the world of blogging!
It has taken my husband, my friends and my family urging me and believing in me to finally convince me to take this leap.

For the next 12 weeks, I will be working a 'Vintage' as a cellar hand.  
A number of winemakers have recommended this to me as the best way to ascertain whether the wine industry is for me.

Although I have a fair idea what is involved and what I am in for, I am still unsure on the exact details and I know I have much to learn.  I'm even more uncertain about what will follow these 12 weeks, but what I do know is that the journey is going to be intriguing and sometimes surprising!

So come along for the ride with me as I share my journey of vintages, vines and all things vinous.