Thursday, 20 February 2014

Close to the City

It never ceases to amaze me how close and easily accessible the Swan Valley is from anywhere in Perth. I also love the change in scenery that I get to experience each day as I commute to and from work.

Here are a few happy snaps that I took along my cycle route to work in the middle of the day and then again on the way home late at night.




I wonder how many of the Perth residents who make the 3.5 hour trip down to the Margaret River region, also enduring the frustration of the Kwinana Freeway congestion, actually realise what they have in their own backyard.

Don't get me wrong, Margaret River and the surrounding wine regions have a multitude of attractions to offer that the Swan Valley cannot provide - such as pristine beaches and world-renowned wine companies. However for those after a relaxing day trip dropping in to a few wineries, enjoying sone gourmet food and local produce and maybe even stopping for a cleansing ale at a local microbrewery, you really can't go past the Swan Valley.