Tuesday, 1 April 2014

30 Wines in 30 Days

Today I start a new challenge in my quest to discover more about the world of wine:

30 Wines in 30 Days

Just for the record, I am not undertaking this adventure in sensory analysis as an excuse to drink more, but as a way to increase my exposure to different wines. 
A number of winemakers have advised me that the best way to develop and improve your palate for wine is simply to keep tasting more wine and discussing it, so that is what I plan to do!

I thought it would be best to kick off my April challenge with a bang, so tonight I am heading along to Lamont's Cottesloe Wine Store, where I will be attending The Great Cabernet Tasting. The evening will involve a comparison of 16 of Australia's greatest cabernets from Margaret River and South Australia (which had a bumper 2010 vintage).

Obviously, each day of my 30 Wines in 30 Days will be offset by 1 day from the date of the tasting, to give me time to write about them. I look forward to sharing all my insights and discoveries with you over the month of April.