Wednesday, 7 May 2014

30 Wines in 30 Days - DAY 29

Firstly, apologies for the delay in publishing the last two days of my 30 Wines in 30 Days challenge.  Immediately after our wonderful holiday to Exmouth, we skipped across to sunny Far North Queensland for a wedding on beautiful Magnetic Island, off the coast of Townsville.

Due to a spate of recent flights, my husband fortuitously had some passes for the Virgin Lounge, which made our long, overnight trip slightly more bearable and gave me the opportunity to sample some airport lounge wine.  

My selection was the 2013 Luella Adelaide Hills Chardonnay.  This was a very lightly styled chardonnay, a purposeful choice to avoid staying awake on the plane. Although I could  identify the presence of oak, it was the zing of acidity that enveloped my tongue.  The freshness reminded me of the crisp, cool air of the Adelaide Hills which I experienced on a visit a few years ago.  I also reflected that this lovely area, is often unduly overshadowed by its neighbouring regions such as Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale.