Friday, 5 September 2014

Wine Review - La Franz Naramata Bench 2013 Riesling

Tasting Note

Extremely aromatic wine from this Penticton producer. There is beautiful orange blossom and citrus on the nose and some follow-on of spritzy lemons in the mouth. The residual sugar is enough to provide some palate weight and leads to a lovely balance in the wine.
Tasted: 4 September 2014


Stats
Alcohol: 11.0%
Price: $20.00
Closure: Cork
Winemaker: Jeff Martin

Regionality
Okanagan Valley - Naramata Bench

Pairing
I enjoyed this wine with an African Vegetable Curry Stew, my first meal in Oliver shared with my new housemate. As she is from Germany, I was hoping it would be a safe bet that she might like Riesling!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would love to hear your feedback if you have also tried this wine - what did you think?